This Privacy Statement outlines our practices with regard to Personal Information collected for its business purposes by Automotive Art and its affiliates, including this website, www.automotiveart.com (the “Site”) as well as all other Automotive Art digital products, such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube (“Digital Products”) operated by Automotive Art (“Automotive Art"“we”, “us” and/or “our”).
TYPES & METHODS
Automotive Art collects data to operate effectively and to provide you the best experience with our products and services.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
* Information you give us. You may provide us information about yourself by filling in forms or by corresponding with us in-person, by telephone, e-mail or otherwise for various business purposes. This includes information you provide when you make a purchase or transaction, register, subscribe to any service, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality, financial or banking details, government issued I.D details and such other information as may be necessary for Automotive Art to provide its services, execute its contracts with you and to send you information or messages.
If you apply for an employment position with us, we may collect Information provided by you relating to your past employment, professional qualifications and education, your nationality and immigration/residential status, as well as opinions from third parties about you (such as references) and other details about you which may be gathered during the recruitment process. This Information is maintained on our recruitment applicant tracking system as part of our candidate database.
* Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and information about your geographic location; in addition to;
Automotive Art may use your Personal Information to:
• Fulfill your requests for services or products and for related activities, such as service and product delivery, customer service, account management, support and training and to provide other services related to your relationship with Automotive Art;
• Provide you with marketing communications and offers for services and products from Automotive Art and in some cases, our partners, including offers targeted based on your interests, business characteristics and location, in each case, subject to your consent where required under applicable law;
• Comply with laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable to Automotive Art
• Administer surveys, market research, and promotional events;
• Determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or offers;
• Provide you with additional information that may be of interest, such as Automotive Art news and announcements;
• Manage our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, website administration, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance, business continuity and complaint, claim or litigation management; and
• consider job applicants for employment.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE
Where we need to collect Personal Information under the terms of a contract we have with you, or by applicable law, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have, or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In those circumstances, we may have to cancel a product related transaction or service you have with us. We will seek to notify you if this is the case at the relevant time.
HOW AND WHY, WE SHARE
In connection with the processing of your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, Automotive Art may include disclosures or transfers to third party agents, suppliers or contractors. For example, we may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to third party agents who provide administrative, storage, information technology, security, communication, compliance, credit check, payment and other data processing services. Where necessary, Automotive Art will endeavor to take reasonable steps to ensure that such third-party agents, suppliers or contractors process your Personal Information, on our behalf, with the same level of security and confidentiality as applied by Automotive Art.
We may also provide your Personal Information to other parties to the extent required or provided by law, regulation or court order, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
We may disclose your Personal Inform
ation for the purposes of seeking references and confirmation of the details which you have provided should you apply for a position of employment with us.
Automotive Art may use your information in a number of ways, including providing Digital Products, personalizing and improving the services we offer, carrying out our obligations, communicating with you, analyzing use of our Digital Products and in other ways that you agree to.
We may share your information with our group companies, law enforcement agencies, service providers, partners, people who operate or take over our Digital Products and third parties that you agree that we can share it with.
We may use your Information:
* To communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging), such as to let you know about new features, offerings (including goods and services) on our Digital Products where you have consented for us to do so;
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
* To create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
* For record keeping purposes;
* To administer and provide services you request;
* To carry out market research so that we can improve the products and service we offer;
* To improve the quality of our service and security of our Digital Products;
* To understand your preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
* In connection with targeting/advertising activities;
* To track activity on the Site and our Digital Products;
* In conjunction with data legally obtained from third party sources;
* In such way as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
* To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
* For any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
You agree that we will share your Information with:
* Carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities, such as administrative, storage, information technology, security, communication, compliance, credit check, payment and other data processing services, on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
* Any Automotive Art partner in a manner to which you have expressly consented to (this includes consent by way of opting-in to certain marketing and contact from any of them as part of the registration process) and you agree that such parties can contact you in accordance with such consent;
* Anyone who may take over the running of our Digital Products, or any subcontractors who operate a part of our Digital Products on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Information and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
* Any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
We will disclose your Information to third parties:
* In the event it is necessary for the purpose of protecting our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
* To comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or
* To operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
Children (Under 16 Years of Age)
If you are a child who is using our Digital Products or a parent of a child using our Digital Products, there are additional rules as outlined below.
If you are under 18 years of age, please obtain your parents’ permission before entering any Personal Information on our website. We are equally concerned with your privacy as much as an adult’s.
We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children's online activities by, for example, adopting parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other Personal Information without parental permission.
Like most websites around the world, Automotive Art uses Google Analytics (GA) to process information about the number of visitors on our site and their behaviour.
We use this information to record the number of people using www.automotiveart.com and to better understand where you discover our site (from social media, Google or another site), how you use it and how you move throughout the site.
Google Analytics records your approximate location down to town level, the type of device you are using (example: mobile) brand of device (example: iPhone), operating system (example: iOS) and browser (example: Chrome). None of this data can be used to identify you.
While Google does record your IP address, we don't have access to this information. Google modifies it so that you cannot be specifically identified; it only tells us the area you’re in.
Google Analytics Demographics
Automotive Art is committed to ensuring that our website contains content that is valuable and useful to our users.
To help us with this, we have implemented the Google Analytics demographics and interest reporting features on our website.
These tools allow us to review anonymous data regarding the gender, age and interests of website visitors and adapt our website content to better reflect their needs.
Although this information is collected through your Google Ad settings, it is not provided to us in a personally identifiable format. This means we cannot identify what information is about you, and we will not try to figure it out.
To do this, Google Analytics uses a “cookie” on your machine. Read more about Cookies, below and in our Cookies Policy: https://www.automotiveart.com/Terms-Of-Use/
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Google Ad settings or through the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR SITE
We love hearing from you and we do this by giving you the option of leaving a comment on some of our content. We only use this information to identify you as the comment maker and do not pass this on to any third party.
IMPORTANT: Your email address will never be shown in the comment section of the site, unless you include this Personal Information in your posting which may be read, collected and used by others. For example, if you include your email address or other personal details in the body of your comment to us, you may receive unsolicited messages. Please use caution when posting any Personal Information.
Your details will remain in the database unless we remove it or the article is removed from the site.
You may request that we delete the comment and remove you details at any time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request.
If you are under 18, you must obtain your parents permission before leaving a comment.
If you choose to join one of our newsletters, we will require your first and last name, as well as your email address so that you can be sent the emails.
Your data is collected and then passed to our Email Service Provider and added to our email marketing software to facilitate us sharing news, updates and promotions with you.
You may unsubscribe at any time from our newsletters using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or you can email us and ask that you be removed. Please make sure that you are using the same email address that you receive the emails on to do this.
Within the Email Service Provider, we use tags to track the pages that you visit and actions that you take within the emails so that we can provide a more personalized email service to you.
We may send emails multiple times per month and with our tracking, attempt to make these as relevant to you as possible. From time to time, we may include promotions for products and services.
MARKETING AND UNSUBSCRIBING
When you use our Facebook or Instagram Pages, which we use to represent our company, individual products or services, some of your data will be processed. The sole controller responsible for the processing of your Personal Information while using these Digital Products is Facebook Ireland Ltd. (“Facebook”). As a user of these Digital Products, you should be familiar with the way in which the Digital Products process your Personal Information. Further information about the processing of Personal Information by Facebook many be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Your Rights in relation to your data
You have rights to access, correct, delete your Personal Information or to object to or restrict our processing of it in certain situations.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• Request access to your Personal Information: this enables you to receive a copy of the Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
• Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you: this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
• Request erasure of your Personal Information: this enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have exercised your right to object to processing;
• Object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes or where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground. Generally, other than in relation to marketing, our processing of your data is in order to allow us to provide you a service, so we will be unable to provide the service to you without processing your data;
• Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. In addition, you may have the right to make a complaint with the local supervisory authority with respect to the way Automotive Art is processing your Personal Information or handling your rights.
Upon formal request, we allow you to obtain a copy of, correct and edit your data that we maintain, if you require any further help from us in relation to the above rights, please email email@example.com.
No fee is usually required to exercise these rights, but we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you have any questions about your rights, options or if you require assistance opting-out of receiving communication from us, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Automotive Art has built its services on industry standard platforms that include a high level of security. We are constantly evaluating our security procedures, responding and adapting to changes in the global security landscape.
We ensure that our staff is well trained and we work closely with our service providers to ensure that they are also following Industry Standard technical, and physical controls which are designed to safeguard your Personal Information.
We use industry-standard encryption technology to secure sensitive Personal Information when it is being collected and transmitted over the internet.
Upon written request, or when we no longer require your Personal Information to fulfil the identified purposes, Automotive Art will use commercially reasonable efforts to (a) cease all use of the Personal Information, and (b) to dispose and destroy the Personal Information in any and all forms in which it was maintained.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Automotive Art. Other websites that may be accessible through this website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our affiliates, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy policies too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
FOR JOB APPLICANTS
If you have applied for employment with Automotive Art, the Personal Information submitted with your job application may be added to our Applicant Tracking System and used for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes. You have the right to withdraw from our Applicant Tracking System by contacting us at email: email@example.com
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use any Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above, where this is required or permitted by law.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will only retain Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we will consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Personal Information, the purposes for which we process Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
If you would like to access, correct, or erase your Personal Information or if you have any questions, comments or complaints (e.g., if you believe that Automotive Art has not handled your Personal Information properly or that it has breached its privacy obligations), please contact Automotive Art at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email address: email@example.com